Monday, September 11, 2017

A Day of Remebrance



Good Morning...

I know it's been a long time since I posted so I will give you an update on how things are going with my life. Back in May I posted that my mom and I faced being homeless but I am happy to say that we have moved into a nice apartment and things are better now. On the sad note my father passed away in June and in a way it's a relief. Now he's no longer in pain and is now with his family. He was the last of the children from his side of the family.  I started back to school last week and so far my classes are pretty interesting. I'm beginning to write the 2nd and 3rd acts of my screenplay in one of my classes and learning about the history of comics in my other class. Needless to say that class has been quite fun.
Onto the video. This song came out not too long after the towers fell. It's by Alan Jackson and the lyrics are heart wrenching and emotionally powerful. On this day of remembrance let us take a moment and listen to this powerful song and remember that our world did stop turning on that day. We as a country have grown stronger and have powered on but we have never forgotten what happened 16 years ago. I remember where I was when it all went down. I was in Texas at the time and my sister was sleeping on the couch, it was her birthday. I woke up and turned the Tv on in time to see the second plane hit. I was in shock and thought that it was a joke. Then I saw that this was live and actually happening I prayed that my sister wouldn't wake up.
As a person I have moved on and have tried leave the past in the past. But each day I am reminded of it. We will never forget what happened but we do need to move on and figure out a way to live again. There are disasters that have taken place in the last week, that's where our focus should be right now. First Hurricane Harvey hit TX then Hurricane Irma hit Florida. Both states are in dire need of help. The people and the animals are in need. I'm asking everyone out there to donate what they can to help. Let's pull together as a country and help those that need it now more than ever.
I have family in Florida and I don't even know if they are safe or not. I'm praying they are. Please lets take this day and focus our attention on the Hurricane survivors.
Anyways. That's all for now. I will try and post more often. Can't guarantee anything with schoolwork. This is Jeremy's Flame, out.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeremy's Flame, Very pleased to see you posting again. Although I live in the UK I too remember very clearly where I was on 9/11, I was at work it was such a shock incomprehensible how anyone could do such a thing, the next day I caught a flight to Austria. European flights were still operational but security was exceptionally tight we couldn't take any hand luggage on board. Very sad to hear of the passing of your father my condolences to you and your family. But I'm very pleased that you are in a better position now and enjoying school. I always enjoy reading your blog so I hope you keep posting. I updated mine just recently so pop by. All the best, Samantha

    ReplyDelete