Thursday, January 1, 2015

My Letter To Jeremy.


Dear Jeremy,                                                                                               01/01/2015

     I know you don't know me and I don't know you, but I just wanted to write and tell you how much you have meant to me in these past few years. I figured you might need something positive today seeing as what you are going through right now. First off let me say that you got this. You are a strong person and will get through this. Remember that you have people out there that do care about you and just want you to be happy. I'm one of those people. Let me tell you about me. My name is Dawn and I have a lot to thank you for. See 2012-2013 was a rough year for me. I had just graduated with my Medical Assistants Certificate and decided to go back and get my Associates but still had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. Then in October of 2012 my mom was diagnosed with Stage Four Breast Cancer, so I was faced with losing my mom and that's something that I just couldn't deal with. One afternoon while my mom was in class (she was studying Criminal Justice during the whole battle) I started watching  movies at school while I waited on my mom to get out of class. There was one movie that I had been wanting to see for a long time and just hadn't been able to see it until that day. That movie changed my life. The movie was "The Hurt Locker". To learn that a woman had won the Academy Award for best Director was inspiring, but it was your performance in it that helped me actually decide what I needed to do with my life. See up until then I had felt something was missing in my life and I couldn't quite pinpoint what it was. That something was the theater and film. I had been in quite a few plays in school and loved it, but as I got older I did what I was supposed to do and got a job and paid my own bills. The passion I had for the arts forgotten. That is until that movie and the amazing actor who was in it came into my life. You and Kathryn Bigelow have given me back my dreams and made me open my eyes and find the passion for the arts again.  That day at school after the movie was over I started to look up schools for the performing arts and found the perfect school for me. I sent away for information and in September of 2013 I started my first semester at The Academy of Art University in San Francisco. Because of you and Kathryn I am studying to become a Director. I have found my passion again, I found what was missing because of your movie. You inspire me everyday by being the man that you are. You keep your personal life private and I respect that most of all about you. I just wanted to let you know this so that you have something positive in the new year. Your life right now is in chaos and is going to get worse before it gets better. You need to know that there are people out there that you don't know who do care about you and what you are going through and we won't judge or tell you I told you so. You're probably wondering about my mom. Well, she is still here and still going strong. She has been cancer free for a little over a year now and for this I am grateful. In fact I have troubles keeping up with her. *laughing*. I guess what I am trying to say in this chaotic, jumbled mess of a letter is Thank You. You gave me back my dreams. Thank you for being you and do me a favor, don't ever lose who you are and never change. I can't wait to see that smile of yours again. Seeing it makes me smile and just makes my day brighter. Anyways. I guess I should end it here. Lots of Love To You Jeremy!!! Stay Safe wherever you are babe. Keep your chin up and never forget we support you....Until Later...
Sincerely,
Jeremy's Flame, out

       

No comments:

Post a Comment