Monday, May 5, 2014

Welcome to my life, Jeremy!!!





First and foremost I was looking for a brilliant actor, as most filmmakers do, I hope. I’d seen him in the film “Dahmer” and even though his character is different from that film, the truth and honesty in the performance were there. I sent him the script, he was in London at the time shooting “28 Weeks Later”, we spent a few hours on the phone and then I knew I was speaking to Sgt. James. I cast him and we hadn’t even met.” Kathryn Bigelow on Jeremy Renner as Sgt. James.
Good Morning!!! So far it is shaping up to be a pretty good morning!!! Just finished with classes for the day and boy do I have a lot of homework to do in Short Film class....I have to come up with 3 different endings for my 20 minute short that I have been working on all semester...going to start doing that tonight....It may take me all week to get that done...Plus have to refine my scene for my Respect for acting class too...this semester is almost over and I feel a bit on the sad side....Now I have my classes for the Fall to look forward too so that's a good thing....Okay I chose Welcome to my Life by Simple Plan for the video today.....Kinda sums up the way I feel sometimes when my dad starts to harp on my for different things.....Welcome to my life sums it all to well sometimes....There are days when I just want to give up and just not do it anymore....but then I think about everything that I have gone through just to get to this point in my life and I don't give up....I also just think about one thing that I have tacked up on the inside of my computer cabinet door...."Discouraged? Yes. but never giving up"...It has a picture of one of my inspirations on it....Jeremy....I look at this picture and then I can go on....He makes what I am doing worth it.....As does the lady in the picture with him.....That's Kathryn Bigelow......An amazingly talented woman and the reason I want to direct......I want to meet her and work with her someday.....I also want to work with Jeremy too.....Because of these two people who came into my life and don't even know what they've done for me I am pursuing my dreams again.....for that I thank them.....I love the saying below the picture.....She cast Jeremy as Sgt. James over the phone.....She hadn't even met him yet.....She knew he was the one for the part because of the movie Dahmer.....Because of the honesty he put into the role....She's right, he is a brilliant actor and that movie proved it.....He did a wonderful job as Sgt. James in The Hurt Locker.....She couldn't have picked a better actor or man for that matter.....See this is the type of director I want to be.....I hope that the movies that I will someday make are as good as Kathryn's....so whenever my dad starts to harp on me about my choices and what I want to do I just remember that I can't give up....If I do then I'm not me anymore.....This is my life....Welcome to it!!!!! Anyways.....Lots of Love to you Jeremy, stay safe wherever you are....Until Later.....Jeremy's Flame, out!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment